AURIN for Government
AURIN provides a unique opportunity for all levels of government to quickly access the data and analysis needed for evidence-based decision- and policy-making, and provides the ideal means for your department or authority to release data to wider research community.
AURIN provides Governments:
- Ability to capture opportunities inherent in population growth, socio-demographic trends and economic activity.
- Better integration if economic development, land use, essential services and infrastructure planning.
- Ability to develop policies that respond effectively and efficiently to demographic, social, economic and technological trends across Australia.
- Access in one location to the evidence base necessary to formulate and inform the most appropriate, cost-effective urban settlement and infrastructure solutions.
- The availability and appropriate application of open source and creative commons initiatives in government decision-making.
“AURIN is an amazing resource for anyone working in local government Seeking to undertake evidence based decision making for their communities”
—Strategic Planner, Local Government, New South Wales
Does AURIN have the right datasets to support my work?
There is a dataset I want access to, but AURIN currently doesn’t have it?
Our organisation has a dataset that we would like to release for use by the academic and Government sector.
“The ability of AURIN to provide a one-stop-shop of data and analytical tools for policy makers is unmatched in Australia. It is a resource that every State Government must make full use of to support their policy agendas”
—State Government Policy Analyst, Victoria
I would like to learn how to use the AURIN Workbench to support my work.
Is AURIN able to provide In house training sessions And workshops for our Government organisation?
How do I cite AURIN and AURIN datasets in my work?
“AURIN provides a unique opportunity for Federal Government departments to Release their data through a robust and secure system for wider use by Governments, academics, industry and citizens. AURIN allows governments to Walk the walk on their open data commitments.”
—Australian Federal Government Executive, Canberra.