A call for expressions of interest to develop state-based data capabilities connected to AURIN with funding provided in part by AURIN.
Through this initiative AURIN seeks to fund up to two state-based capabilities, one each in within NSW and/or SA, to increase the quantity and quality of data available for access via the AURIN e-Infrastructure.
AURIN funding available
AURIN funding will be provided for a dedicated resource equivalent to one HEW 6/7 level staff for 0.4 FTE. Proposals that identify co-funding to extend this resource will be considered favourably.
Accountabilities and responsibilities
The state-based capabilities will function in a support role to AURIN, with delegated responsibility for a range of tasks, in particular:
- Identifying and negotiating access to high value state and/or national datasets
- Supporting AURIN in the licencing of datasets so they can be shared amongst researchers, government and where possible industry.
- Promoting the use of AURIN across academia, government and industry within the host state and nationally.
In addition, these services can be extended by:
- Providing in-state training.
- Contributing to enhancing the process through which data is harmonised and connected with AURIN.
- The expression of interest can identify other high value services.
- The scheme is targeted at research centres and/or IT infrastructure providers with the capability to connect AURIN with geospatial datasets.
- Relevant skills in metadata curation and experience with deploying and managing geospatial servers (ie GeoServer or equivalent)
- Proven research or teaching track record in an urban or human geography related field, such as demography, economic activity, health, housing, transport, energy and water, and urban design, using AURIN capabilities.
- Capacity to offer a quick start to deliver the services
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 11.59PM FRIDAY APRIL 27
Please email your application to Dr. Serryn Eagleson, firstname.lastname@example.org