This workshop will introduce the South Australian eResearch community to AURIN.
The AURIN Portal allows users to intuitively access some 2000 datasets that can be interrogated, visualised and analysed through a suite of open-source components. This forms part of an e-infrastructure facilitating access to distributed datasets to help urban researchers understand urban patterns and help navigate growth toward a sustainable future.
Using the AURIN network you can connect to repositories of the latest urban geospatial data, hosted by organisations including:
• state, local and federal government departments
• nearly 40 other data agreements accross the country
Further to this, a suite of over 100 analytical tools allows users to:
• interactively chart complex information
• generate detailed maps
• perform detailed testing of urban areas for issues such as
• neighbourhood walkability analysis
• clustering analysis
• socio-economic patterns
• scenario testing
• and much more!
AURIN is funded by the Australian Government under the National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy (NCRIS).